PDA

View Full Version : I'm soooo excited...

drzeller
10-11-2006, 11:45 PM
If you know the song, you can now sing along in your head... "I'm so excited! I just can't stand it..."

We're hopefully just days away from a new AR release! (Well, except for the French edition, unless they found someone to translate!)

5, 4, 3 ....

D.

D Akey
10-12-2006, 12:09 AM
How do you know? :D :D :D

Why now more than last week for example?

And Cedric and Andy were talking about French before they took it to private messaging.

drzellar, you and I are probably the last two people to not have a copy of the beta... of the paying customers that is.

:roll:

AndyRage
10-12-2006, 12:21 AM
... because French is done, the announcement is being written, the online stores have been notified, databases are being reset, the fall-out shelters are fully stocked with food, I've changed my postal address, forged my travel papers, and greased the hinges of the Big Red Switch.

D Akey
10-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Your point being?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Improv
10-12-2006, 12:44 AM
We're hopefully just days away from a new AR release!

ArtRage3? :D

If it's only a point release, then ... :(

AndyRage
10-12-2006, 12:50 AM
Improv, the bad news is that it's "only a point release". ArtRage 2.2

The good news is that it is a free update to existing owners of ArtRage 2.11 Full version, and that it has lots and lots of new stuff in it.

Improv
10-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Improv, the bad news is that it's "only a point release". ArtRage 2.2

The good news is that it is a free update to existing owners of ArtRage 2.11 Full version, and that it has lots and lots of new stuff in it.

In that case, I refuse to get uncontrollably excited! :x

I will however get unexplainably giddy and wriggle with anticipation, will that do? :lol:

BTW, Andy-where did these guys here about the release? I must have missed something.

halley
10-12-2006, 01:38 AM
This reminds me of something... My daughter can't keep a secret, even when asked to be SHUSH about something. She'll just BLAB and BLAB and BLAB about topics which we've told her don't need to be discussed.

Like Aunt Maude's mustache.

D Akey
10-12-2006, 02:07 AM
... Aunt Maude's mustache.

I think you've come up with a name for the character seen in Andy and Dave's avatar.

Aunt Maude's Moustache. . .

Hey folks, It's ArtRage! Let's not talk about it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyRage
10-12-2006, 02:22 AM
BTW, Andy-where did these guys here about the release? I must have missed something.

They've been on the beta-test list for ArtRage, and therefore have been subjected to testing out strange software, and being pelted by unthinking abuse from the developers. Dont envy them!

We're actually in the process of doing the release at the moment, so the announcement of changes is due today.

MattRage
10-12-2006, 02:34 AM
Well unless something has gone wrong in the process of uploading everything, the release is done!

Maybe we do need a name for 'the brush guy'. I smell a competition...

(Edit - I've just been told there's already been talk about this, beaten to it!)

DaveRage
10-12-2006, 02:34 AM
You beat me to it, Matt!

ArtRage 2.2 Announcement: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2653

vulturemullet
10-12-2006, 03:16 AM
Now would be a good time for me to purchase artrage then :D Awesome maybe tomorrow or next week but probabally anytime soon, Trashing the free version for the real stuff :twisted:

Improv
10-12-2006, 04:41 AM

They've been on the beta-test list for ArtRage, and therefore have been subjected to testing out strange software, and being pelted by unthinking abuse from the developers. Dont envy them!

We're actually in the process of doing the release at the moment, so the announcement of changes is due today.

So much for the NDA! lol!!!

So is that today New Zealand time, or today Vancouver time? :?

Just kidding, whatever time it is, I'm sure it will be worth waiting for.

EDIT: WHOOPS! Always helps to check the announcements first! :oops:

Cheers

eobet
10-12-2006, 06:39 AM
When will the free edition be updated to universal binary?

Or can I use the patch on the free edition as well?

ENCHANTER
10-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Well Done Ambient Team! :D

AndyRage
10-12-2006, 08:44 AM

The auto updater will not work with the free version of ArtRage.

We're working on updating the free version, and there should be a release of that next week. That will include a Universal Binary for the Mac.

eobet
10-12-2006, 04:10 PM

The auto updater will not work with the free version of ArtRage.

We're working on updating the free version, and there should be a release of that next week. That will include a Universal Binary for the Mac.

Thank you for the information!

Congratulations btw, since I think you are the first wacom enabled drawing app on OS X to be universal binary.

I'm eager to try out the UB version myself, since I need an OpenCanvas eqvivalent when I'm not using Windows.

drzeller
10-12-2006, 04:40 PM

Actually, just to be clear -- I, the original posted of this thread, was not a beta tester. I learned of some of the details through the misguided postings of some of the people that *were* entrusted with this sacred knowledge. Ironic, huh!!!! :lol:

D.

D Akey
10-12-2006, 05:31 PM
drzellar, just to clarify your clarification, that's why I phrased it like this:

drzellar, you and I are probably the last two people to not have a copy of the beta... of the paying customers that is.

You and I seemed to be in a rarified group and that the beta testers were legion (was the joke I was trying to make).

:D

drzeller
10-12-2006, 06:08 PM
D Akey - I didn't quote you, I quoted Andy!

You and I know we are on the list if unacceptable beta testers. For me, I think it is because I called Andy the devil one time. I don't know what you did!

D.

D Akey
10-12-2006, 06:19 PM
drzellar, have you tried the smellcast feature on the internet yet?

Works great. One is able to break wind in one part of the world and it can be simultaneously smelled around the globe.

World class aroma. That's my forepaw.

:P

drzeller
10-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I thought I smelled something the last time you posted!

D.

ENCHANTER
10-13-2006, 07:20 AM
wow, verbal sparring, across a continent......humm.....back to back..........10 paces each...turn.......unleash your insults now ! :D

drzeller
10-13-2006, 12:44 PM
No sparring! Just fun!

(If it sounded like sparring, it wasn't intended to. Maybe I'm just worried about Jack!)

D.

D Akey
10-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Nope, you misread it E.

Just grousing, having been cast as episolons among the nation of betas.

:lol:

Sethren
10-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I was checking out the new Glitter Tool shapes, it is like painting candy. YUM!

Excellent work on the Oil Tool and Photoshop Blend Modes as well.

For a 2.- update there certainly are some very nice additions and improvements. I can not imagine what version 3 will bring to the table. Excellent work gentlemen. :D

D Akey
10-13-2006, 10:34 PM
I love this upgrade Andy and the Rage team!

Enough of the effects I have been after are now available.

By the time the next update comes around, I'll have had time to get a handle on these.

The oil is particularly promising. I'm tickled with what I can get using it over custom grain.

And the PS layer stuff is very cool too.

Keep up the excellent work.

You'll get more feedback as I use it.

:D :D :D :D :D

MattRage
10-13-2006, 11:25 PM
Have you tried the glitter tool with a tracing paper loaded? We made a sneaky change to the automatic colour selection system in glitter...

Sethren
10-14-2006, 05:10 AM
Yes, the trace color mode with the Glitter Tool is very, very addictive.