PDA

View Full Version : Info

cripster
10-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Hi all I just thought i'd tell you a little about myself, I'm 50 years old i live in New Zealand, i have a wife and 3 dogs no kids, my wife is also disabled.

I've been playing around with computer for 12+ yrs and learn some thing new every day.

Some have seen my comments that i'm not that good at painting so i thought i'd show you how i do it, below is a pic of my at my laptop at school, and how i use my tablet.

D Akey
10-11-2006, 02:26 AM
Marvelous!

The computer has been a major boon to disabled people. Timing is everything. We're blessed to be in a world where we have computers and other technology.

I look forward to your future paintings. Get your wife using this program too.

drzeller
10-11-2006, 03:15 AM
Hi, Cripster! Thanks for the informative picture. I hope you have a wonderful time with the program. It's a great stress reliever!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

David

Fashmir
10-11-2006, 04:34 AM
I applaud your effort Cripster. Having worked closely with both disabled and elderly individuals extensively in the past, I can attest to the challenge you face, not from a personal point of view, but from a very close one. I am always amazed and humbled by those individuals who make the choice to shine instead of shutting down in despair. You are an inspiration. Hugs to ya man. Keep posting.

ENCHANTER
10-11-2006, 07:27 AM
I remember you posted something about yourself a few months ago, so i did know how you used the tablet, and ive seen some of your recent pictures, which are wonderful, .keep em coming! :D

Aged P
10-11-2006, 07:51 AM
The really crucial piece of modern technology is that Wheelchair controller!
A New Zealand product once again.
We've got a couple of those

Technology has made life worth living for disabled people. Despite all the twaddle spouted by Politicians and Health Care Professionals* it's Engineering that has made the difference.

Phil

Do other countries now bolt the term "Professional" onto every trade?
I've always thought it was a psychological scam to avoid paying a decent wage.

D Akey
10-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Hey cripster, just out of curiosity, how do you move the stylus? Are you moving your hand, or arm or is it done by leaning your body around?

My mom is an occupational therapist and has forever worked with people with handicaps of all kinds.

She just attended a seminar on hands. I want to show her your setup.

cripster
10-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Hi D Akey i use about of all 3 all though my joints are fused together i can move each joint abit.

The tablet is a good one but it does the job i want :)

speggie
10-11-2006, 12:07 PM
:) great stuff cripster and vey informative ....keep up the great work matey ..............hope you dont mind but i did a bit of surfing on the web and seem to have come acrosss an image of a cool looking guy in some matrix style sunglasses .........?........wondered wether or not .....was that you ........?

vulturemullet
10-12-2006, 03:41 AM
Thats amazing cripster, i remeber having an artist from a nearby town who was paralyzed in a wheel chair who was exceptional, it was amazing what he was doing and teaching us. but i wouldnt call him handicapped b/c he was definantly able as with you i see :)

sweeneymini
10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Nice to meet another artist 8)

Are the doggies special helper ones?

cripster
10-12-2006, 08:44 PM
No the dogs are just pets, one of them is disabled its blind and deaf but very happy :)