PDA

View Full Version : pictures & text ?

SLG
03-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Hi there -

I barely know how to use a computer and am using this program (with much gratitude - its incredible!) for some drawings I want to use with text -- is this possible?

Can I insert my creations using (eg.) Word and choosing the 'insert picture' option? It looks like I need a particular program to allow this and because my computer knowledge is so limited I'm hoping someone here can help.

I've viewed many of the pics posted here and the users are very talented!

thank you -

SL

DaveRage
03-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Hello!

If you want to insert ArtRage images into your documents in Word, you can use the insert picture option, that's right. However, Word won't recognise standard ArtRage files ( ptg files ), so before you try and insert one, just save it as a different format in ArtRage.

To do that, with your painting open in ArtRage, go to the File menu, choose "Export a Image", then in the next window in the "Save as type" box choose a format like JPG and enter the name of the file. Once you've hit the save button you should then be able to use insert picture in word, select the file you've just saved and place it in your document.

Hope that helps! If I've misunderstood the question just let me know.

SLG
03-22-2006, 12:19 AM
You're right :D What I was doing wrong was attemting to insert a file with the ArtRage extension instead of a JPEG file. I did that and it works beautifully.

with appreciation,

SL