PDA

View Full Version : Suffer the young xxx UPDATE

Roache
10-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey boys and girls

Well.. here be an update.. I tried adding a bit more contrast to the pic.

I think now i will be leaving it alone.. maybe try do something a little more happy :)

C&C's if any.. more than welcome ..

P.s. U have to upload the newer one .. leaving the old one up for comparison :)

thanks
roache

AndyRage
10-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Wow - that's a phenomenal work.

D Akey
10-06-2006, 08:23 PM
QUOTE from the other thread with the same pic:

right well... its been sometime since i've been back. Finally finished up another piece.

this one is a little darker than my norm.. but not "hectic" .. i think my next one I want to make a bit more "uncomfortable" so still thinking about what i want to do next.

anyways.. this one has got to do with technology and how we are hiding within and behind it .. ( guy in head ) and how we are blind to what we are doing to our future children.. (blind fold) .. thats my melodramatic "deeper" meaning ..haha.

as per usual guys C & C's more than welcome

thanks again.

Garth
---------------------------------------------------------------------

D Akey:

I must say, I appreciate your comments.

I first looked at the image and formed an opinion, then read your intention.

Some people swear by long ponderable paintings and drawings. Nowadays, most people don't spend the time on a piece that's intellectually challenging as an end in itself (which this seems to be).

Rather they'll argue that they want to have their own private experience. That's fine. But it's really not all that useful if you want to communicate something specific.

Based on your comments, I'm getting that you had a message you wanted to communicate.

I happen to agree with the theme. The image was so bizarre though, that I hadn't reached it on my own. If it appeared in a newspaper as an op-ed cartoon, I think a caption would have served. Otherwise, if I don't get a handle on an image quickly, I, like most, move on or turn the page.

The language of symbols is vague to begin with, save for certain widely used images like the statue of liberty and the justice is blind on the outside of courthouses in the US, and flags and all that.

So if you want to make comments with your art, sharpening your symbolic languaging is an art in itself. But if people easily 'get it', you'll be in a rare class.

Especially now, here in my area, people speak well over a hundred different languages. Symbols communicate where words often fail. There are those who are anticipating visuals to play a more important role.

You have art skills. And you think. Good combination IMHO.

Keep articulating!

:D

Roache
10-07-2006, 02:16 AM
:) Hey Andy thanks for the comment. comments like that make me want to keep doing more

:lol:

Akey

thanks a million dude.. I wasnt expecting such an involved reply.. much appreciated.. I have noticed that your have been giving some good constructive crits to others. So was hoping to hear your views.

this was the first pic i actually tried to have some meaning to.. and now wish to do more of them.. I'll admit .. i had'nt started out with an idea with this one originaly.. but it seemed to develop itself as i went along.

However .. some of my idea's that I have to portrey tend to have a very dark side to it.. (lets hope mom doesnt see em ) hehe...

again.. thanks for the input.. has inspired me to try do more meaningfull art

Roache

Roache
10-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Just an updated post ..