PDA

View Full Version : Removing ArtRage Free

sweeneymini
10-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I still have the free version installed alongside my full version. Can I uninstall it without it affecting the full one?

DaveRage
10-05-2006, 10:15 PM
If both the free version and the full version were installed to the same folder, I'm afraid that uninstalling the free version will remove files that the full version needs to work correctly. This is because by default they both install to the same folder.

If you installed to separate folders, that should be fine. However, if you no longer have your ArtRage full installer and can no longer download it, send me an email to support@ambientdesign.com with your purchase details and I'll arrange something for you so that you can easily reinstall the full version.

This is something we plan on changing for the next update - installing the free and full versions to separate locations. Sorry about the inconvenience!

sweeneymini
10-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah it is in the same folder. Not to worry though Dave. As far as I can see, its only the uninstaller in the Add/Remove list thats noticable, which doesn't really bother me.