Aldrik
09-25-2006, 10:18 PM
One very irritating bug :twisted:

Ok here's how to replicate it...

1) make some artwork
2) make a new layer
3) move the new layer down in the layer stack
4) now undo a few times

You end up loosing your art work layer (get some strange stuff if redo after undoing as well).

DaveRage
09-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for that Aldrik.

I've managed to see this one here, and we're currently checking that bug out. Sorry for the inconvenience!

AndyRage
09-26-2006, 01:34 AM
And in the distance, if you listen closely, you can hear the faint sounds of AndyRage pulling his hair out...

Actually this is cool - it highlighted a couple of bugs which I'm clobbering now. Thanks for your vigilance!

Aldrik
09-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Arh there was no real inconvenience (was just playing about). Glad I could help, strange that not one else had come across this one.

8)

AndyRage
09-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Well I've known there was a bug in the undo system for a while, but hadn't been able to pin down a definite way of reproducing it reliably.
That's probably not the *only* bug in the Undo system, but it was a pretty good one to have fixed.

drzeller
09-26-2006, 04:06 PM
He should get a reward for this... like let him have extra paint or something! I hate it when I run out of paint.

D.

Aged P
09-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Is this the bug that used to leave holes through the image that looked like bricks missing from a wall?

Is it really fixed?

AndyRage
09-26-2006, 07:17 PM
He should get a reward for this... like let him have extra paint or something! I hate it when I run out of paint.

D.

"You have run out of 'blue'. Please subscribe to another 4MB of 'blue' to continue..."
Curses, you've discovered our evil corporate strategy.

AndyRage
09-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Is this the bug that used to leave holes through the image that looked like bricks missing from a wall?

Is it really fixed?

Well one bug is fixed. But dont worry, there are always plenty more to discover.
One of the manifestations of the aforementioned bug was it could potentially leave square-artifacted holes and shapes, yes. But then, almost any bug with the undo system has the potential to do the same.

drzeller
09-27-2006, 12:37 PM

Is it really fixed?

Well one bug is fixed. But dont worry, there are always plenty more to discover.
One of the manifestations of the aforementioned bug was it could potentially leave square-artifacted holes and shapes, yes. But then, almost any bug with the undo system has the potential to do the same.

Actually, Andy could not find the problem, so they quickly implemented the trowel tool and added cement and brick to the palette...

D.