PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased ArtRage!

Matt
09-10-2006, 02:44 AM
Hi all

New user here, but I just had to say how much I love this program!

I downloaded the demo of Painter IX.5 and ArtRage as I wanted to find a good natural media program after watching Bob Ross doing his thing on YouTube!

I find it amazing how a tiny program like ArtRage beats the crap out of Painter in terms of quality, ease of use, useful features, interface design and speed! Not forgetting quite a bit cheaper too!

I've decided to buy a Wacom Intuos tablet to further enhance this program.

Does anyone know if the widescreen versions of the tablets work with a non-widescreen monitor?

I might well buy a widescreen monitor at some point, and I don't want to have to sell and buy a new Wacom!

Cheers
Matt

P.S. When I do something worthwile I'll be posting!

AndyRage
09-10-2006, 02:50 AM
Hi Matt. Welcome to the forums.
You can use a widescreen tablet with a non wide-screen monitor, but you might find it takes you a while to get used to the difference in aspect.
But you can always re-map the area of the screen to match a sub-portion of the tablet to keep the aspect between the two the same.

By aspect I mean that if you move your hand in a circular motion on the wide-screen tablet, you'd get an oval shape on your display. The Wacom control panel will allow you to re-map the tablet to match the display.

I look forward to seeing what you produce with ArtRage!

sweeneymini
09-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Welcome the the forums Matt :D

Matt
09-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks!

So, for future-proofing you reckon going for the wide-screen would be a good idea?

Also, what is the support for Wacom Intuos3 tablets in ArtRage?

Thanks
Matt

AndyRage
09-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Currently ArtRage supports pressure on all the tools, and tilt/orientation on a few of the tools. As ArtRage matures we'll likely add more tablet features to more tools. In every case we'll be making sure we're compatible with Wacom.