PDA

View Full Version : Weird Photo Challenge

cathyd
06-14-2009, 01:47 PM
If you're looking for a new avatar, try a little photo manipulation. I was looking for one so I did a little photo play. I almost decided on this one, but it did not work well in the smaller image. I used the "difference" effect and "lighting effects" it. Now I want to see yours. Go ahead, do a little photo play. Twist it, twirl it, paint on it. Let's see how weird you can get! :D

cathyd
06-14-2009, 01:51 PM
In this one, I pinched the photo a few times for the final result and decided on it for my new avatar.

ridix
06-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Nice flower avatar cathyd.

I looked and looked and finally found the layer / difference menu. And, made this simple test image. I just used Paint Roller on upper layer to blend from. I took this photo of surface of the lake few years back. As a photo it was not a strong image, but as a blended image it really bring out the image pattern.

cathyd
06-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi Ridix, You are right. The special effect really did bring out the pattern of your photo. ;) I enjoy using special effects in photos and my artwork. Thanks a lot for sharing!

cathyd
06-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Here's one I got creative with. A photo of a rose from my yard a few summers ago. It is pretty much a perfectly shaped rose and it has made a great subject for my photo play in the past, and recently.

Juhoover22
06-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Heres one I did. I used the "color dodge" setting. I think it made the sunset pop. The original picture is one I took in Jamaica last year.

cathyd
06-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Wow, Justin. That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. And how about that "color dodge" feature? Is that is AR? Where? I love the effect it had on your photo. I think you're right about it making the sunset pop. ;) I'll bet Jamaica was beautiful.

Juhoover22
06-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks :D Yes Jamaica was gorgeous :D I went snorkaling and the water was so clear you could see down to the very bottom, I would say it had to be around 15 ft. deep where we were. Or maybe more.

Click the little arrow that is pointing out on the lay you want to change the effect. Click the the that says "normal" (labeled "Blend"). Go down to "More Blend Modes". It is the 8th one down.

cbaer45
06-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Here I took a picture, and used it as a stencil with different color paints. I messed around with the inverse, and flips of the picture.

cathyd
06-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Oh yeah! Duh! :o:p:D I did see that Justin, when I used the "difference" effect, but I forgot it was there. Hehe! Goofy me. I'm so glad you posted that nice illustration so other people who check out this thread can see where some of the "effects" menus are. Thanks so much Justin. Your illustration is great! ;)

cathyd
06-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Cbaer45, Wow, that is totally cool! What a great idea! Very creative. Your experiment turned out great. I love it. Thanks for sharing. ;)

cathyd
06-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Hehe! LOL! :D Those are really cute, Rosie girlie. Don't you just love the Photo Booth and other Mac photo stuff? Thanks a lot for sharing. ;) Did I understand correctly that you are not having surgery after all? RE: note in your signature

irishrose
06-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks Cathy.. I do love the PhotoBooth.. Mac rocks!

Yes, no surgery, iron is too low. I won't risk getting a transfusion, not worth it with all the junk going around these days... so I will have to get on some treatment program to build up the iron and within 6 months or so I should be back to normal. Hopefully, anyway. :) You understood correctly. And thanks to all who have prayed for me. I printed that thread out and have it with me for next time! :) Hugs! Have a great day, two more days of the inlaws... wish me well!

damasocl
06-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Rose: a nice and beautiful photo manipulation!

irishrose
06-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Thank you Damaso.. most were done by my son! :)

cathyd
06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Rosie girlie, Thanks a lot for the update. Will keep your health and planned surgery in prayer. "Well wishes" to you for the folks. Hehe! I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean about the thread? Not sure what thread? :confused::o:p Have a good one, girlie. ;)

irishrose
06-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks Cathy. I appreciate your well wishes and thoughts. What I meant about the thread was that I had one up in General Chat where I told I was having surgery and everyone responded with kind remarks. I have deleted the thread as it is not useful anymore, but printed out everyone's heartfelt remarks. :) I am thankful to have a family and friends such as you all. :) Hugs! Rose

cathyd
06-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Oh okay. I get it. Thanks for letting me know. And hey, you're very much loved here at AR. :) One more thing, I adore the pic of you and your son together (the first pic). They're all nice. You and your son did a wonderful job. But that one is my favorite. It's a beautiful thing. The love of a mother and her son. ;)

irishrose
06-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Aw, thanks Cathy, what sweet things to say. I'll tell my son :) He loves his ma! He still comes into my room in the morning (when there's no school) and snuggles with me. :) And he's almost 11! So probably not much longer... but I'm enjoying his company. So grown up now. You won't catch my 14 yr old even coming into my room without knocking! ;)

cathyd
06-19-2009, 04:46 PM
That's really cute about the snuggly thing. My daughter did the same thing until she approached her teens! :eek::rolleyes::D We usually ended up with the giggles about one thing or the other. Then she would still take my hand when we went shopping and so on. I would take her to my office with me (my little fashion design office) and around to do business errands and so forth. So, when I would go to my printers, or other business associates, they would always ask where she was. Even my doctor would ask about her if she wasn't with me. :D The lady at the printers declared one day, "...it doesn't seem right to see you without her...you look lost..." Hehe! They called her my little sidekick. Of course she loved all the attention too. :D Well, I could go on and on. And I'm sure you could too. And yeah, we both know they grow up all too soon, don't we. :( Gotta' get up from here now and take care of a few things. Take care, girlie. Love and hugs, Cathy

irishrose
06-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Cathy, thanks for sharing. My daughter was much like yours when she was younger.. my shadow! :) She is almost 24 now and I miss those early years... she was a sweet little girl... and I miss that. I love the snuggling for now though with Luke :)

Love ya, have a great day! Rose

cathyd
06-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah, my daughter is almost 28 now. I have the memories of the snugglies. She and my grandson are in NC. Now and then I send her copies of the cute little notes she used to write me (we used to write them to each other) and other special things. She said recently, "...I can't believe you still have all those things...it's like surreal." And I was like, "What? Why wouldn't I?" Go figure. :p:rolleyes::D She didn't mean it in a bad way. She actually loves it, but I was surprised that she was surprised that I still had the items. Hehe! Anyhoo, I'm just playing with avatars again right now. It's kind of like my desktop image. I like to change it regularly. I get tired of seeing my own mug on there too. So, I thought I would do something different. Anyhoo, I hope you have a great day, too, girlie! Love and hugs, Cathy

irishrose
06-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Cathy, you and I are so very alike. I also have notes my daughter used to write to me and I to her. I used to put little rhymes and pictures in her lunchbox when she was in elementary school... I also told her recently that I have all her drawings and her notes, as well as the ones I wrote to her.. again, she was like "WHY?" ... well, when she has kids, she'll know why. :) She's only 23 and has a ways to go. Though when I was her age I was pregnant with my third child! EEK!:eek:

cathyd
06-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi ya, Rosie girlie, Sorry, just getting back to the computer. Wasn't on it much at all the last few days. Medical things. Better now, though. :D Trying to catch up on my responses. I hope to catch you online later. Love and hugs, Cathy

irishrose
06-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Cathy, sorry about your troubles. I always am praying for you. I haven't been on much either. Home stuff. Inlaws last week, a doc appt., and today the sink disposal went, so I have been up to my ears in stuff to do around here. Will definitely catch up soon. But then, not much to tell, just another summer week here.... hot hot hot! ;) Hope you're feeling better. Just to think, today would have been surgery day. Boy, am I glad I'm not waking up from surgery right now.. hehe. :)

cathyd
06-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for your prayers, girlie. Yeah, I know what you mean. Lots of things going on around here too. Today we hired a plumber to repair our kitchen faucet. Looks like the plumbing thing is getting around. Not much to tell here either, really. And so glad you're not waking up from surgery right now either! Hehe! :D Just sent you a PM. Hey, take your time about getting back. I still probably won't be on AR much for a few more days. Need time with my Lord and some other things. So much I need to catch up on! I also have a pastor friend who is visiting the U.S. from India and is wanting to come to our home for a visit. I'm not really able to host right now, but I think we will get together for an evening. I would love to have them visit with us for a week or so, but just can't do it right now. Pastor Sami and his wife operate an orphanage and several churches in India. I have a standing offer from him to go there and minister. He said he could set up meetings where I would be speaking with a few hundred ministers too. Unfortunately, my health has not held out for me to go yet. But as soon as I am well enough. Hubby is willing to go with me. That is a real blessing. I would love to meet the children. I was looking at their pics today. It is hard not to fall in love with them, looking at their precious faces. Anyhoo, take care. ;) Blessings, Cathy

cathyd
06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey, Rosie girlie, On the subject of our daughter's growing up...here's a couple you'll get a kick out of. Hehe! :D We would give each other tickets for doing bad things and coupons doing good. Amanda used to like to sign "Officer Paige (her middle name), because I used to be married to a police officer. You can see I was a bit bad. Hah! LOL! :D

irishrose
06-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Oh, those are so precious!!!! Thank you for sharing. Funny how your daughter signs with "Officer Paige".. that is a great story! Our daughters ROCK!

irishrose
06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks for your prayers, girlie. Yeah, I know what you mean. Lots of things going on around here too. Today we hired a plumber to repair our kitchen faucet. Looks like the plumbing thing is getting around. Not much to tell here either, really. And so glad you're not waking up from surgery right now either! Hehe! :D Just sent you a PM. Hey, take your time about getting back. I still probably won't be on AR much for a few more days. Need time with my Lord and some other things. So much I need to catch up on! I also have a pastor friend who is visiting the U.S. from India and is wanting to come to our home for a visit. I'm not really able to host right now, but I think we will get together for an evening. I would love to have them visit with us for a week or so, but just can't do it right now. Pastor Sami and his wife operate an orphanage and several churches in India. I have a standing offer from him to go there and minister. He said he could set up meetings where I would be speaking with a few hundred ministers too. Unfortunately, my health has not held out for me to go yet. But as soon as I am well enough. Hubby is willing to go with me. That is a real blessing. I would love to meet the children. I was looking at their pics today. It is hard not to fall in love with them, looking at their precious faces. Anyhoo, take care. ;) Blessings, Cathy

I'm so excited for you but understand that due to your health reasons you cannot be a hostess with the mostest right now... that does sound like a wonderful thing though. How sweet for you to want to go to India. I used to belong to a forum where they had orphanage pictures and you could sponsor a child... it's a blessing for sure. I am praying for you and NO MORE faucet problems, leaks, kitchen stuff, etc. I pray that it's DONE for now! You just take care of you! xoxo Rose

cathyd
06-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Hey girlie, I receive it! And I am praying for your health and plumbing situation too, for the crooked paths to be made straight and wholeness in every area of life. I claim it done also, in Jesus' name. Wherever two or three are gathered together...and agree...in Jesus' name...and we do on both our accounts...it shall be done! And it is so. Amen! ;)

irishrose
06-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I receive it too! Amen and Amen... you go, girl. You've got the spirit all over you! xoxox

cathyd
06-25-2009, 11:39 PM
You too, girlie! :D