PDA

View Full Version : Tracing image question

Mary
09-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I didn't see anything relevant. :?:

I want to reposition my tracing image, which only fills about 2/3 of canvas. In the Tracing Image Settings there's a mover tool and a magnifying glass. Neither one seems to do anything...kinda like being grayed out.. What am I doing wrong?

I don't want to stretch to fit or anything like that...just move it off center. When I use the Mover tool in the normal view, the whole canvas moves. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

ENCHANTER
09-01-2006, 08:35 PM
hi mary,

edit tracing image>scale>then use the zoom and move tools.

hope this helps

ENCHANTER
09-01-2006, 08:37 PM
oops ..forgot one , :oops:

edit tracing image>scale>then manual scale, (which should be the top option) and then........use the zoom and move tools

:D

Mary
09-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks for tip ... I checked 'manual' and was able to move image, but it shrank in size. i said OK anyway and then edited tracing again to "fit image inside". It scaled back to size I wanted and also stayed put off to one side. Is this 2-step method the correct thing to do? Is there any way to drag the tracing image to resize?

thanks again enchanter

I take it back...when I told it to fit inside, it jumped back to center.

Mary
09-01-2006, 09:07 PM
The zoom is grayed out... is that what I use to resize the tracing image?

Mary
09-01-2006, 09:13 PM
:oops: Never mind again... :lol: I spoke too soon. I was not using my mouse correctly or it had the hiccups or something....because NOW it activates the zoom in and out ....so I can resize AND move it to new position. Yippee. Thanks. One problem solved. LOL :lol: