PDA

View Full Version : Which tablet is best?

DeadFish
08-22-2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0297615245.115625495 1@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcaddijefijdlcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0&page=ProductList&category_oid=-25022&fm=15&sm=4&tm=2&show_all=true

Hi all - I'm new to the Artrage - I'm loving it!

But, sadly, I have rubbish cheap tablet called Nisis - I'd like to have excellent tablet with best precision.

I put a linkage here - Which one? I don't mind how expensive it is. Or please could you give me a linkage to better tablet and buy online (preferably in UK)

Thanks in advance.

Nick

D Akey
08-22-2006, 01:26 PM
I only have a bottom of the line wacom graphire 4x6.

It does everything I need to do, although there are some full featured doozies out there that others will have to talk about.

Accuracy, pressure sensitivity, direction and all that are handled fine. The rest has been a matter of the programs I'm running.

When I got it, a few years back, it was roughly around $ 80 USD.

Again it's bottom of the line, and it's good.

maror
08-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Welcome Deadfish

I you have enough money you should try to buy a WACOM tablett.
The intous family is not cheap but super quality and features.
Wacom site:
http://www.wacom-europe.com/uk/products/intuos/index.asp

I have bought a intous3 A5 and i'm very happy with it! The size is a bit pending how you draw and what you will do...for me A5 is great!

Greez

DeadFish
08-22-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I changed the desktop from 1280 x 1024 to 1600 x 1200 and the precision is a lot better and more accurate. Dunno if that resolution helps a lot.

Is it true? If it is, I'll have to be careful which LCD/TFT monitor I need to buy soon - Most are using native resolution (1280x1024) At the mo, I'm using old fashioned CRT monitor.

D Akey
08-22-2006, 03:59 PM
My monitor is a ViewSonic CRT.

Resolution has no affect on the tablet accuracy, if that's what you're asking.

'Course, the tablet is older too. No idea about the modern stuff.