PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question. Registration Code?

craigman
08-14-2006, 07:21 PM
So, I'm a ArtRage2 newbie and I have a newbie question. When I went to install the software it ask me to contact Ambient design for a registration code. Whats that all about? And, how long does that take?

maror
08-14-2006, 08:35 PM
there are two version of the prog:
free, that version can you download free..but there are some options and tools deactivatet...
full, you buy this version for cheap 20dollars and get the registration code which you need for the installer of the full version (you get a download link)

For more information check the mainsite:http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html

greez

AndyRage
08-14-2006, 08:45 PM
You should only have the installer for the full version if you purchased it from either of our resellers - Kagi or eXchange.
You can get to either of those sites from our purchase page:
http://www.artrage.com/artragepurchase.html

When you recieve your download link, you receive the license key at the same time.

Note that there are pirated versions (why on earth anyone would be so cheap-ass to pirate a $19.95 piece of software is beyond me!) which have deactivated license keys. Additionally someone just let me know yesterday that there are pirated versions floating around Peer-to-peer networks which have viruses and trojans.

maror
08-14-2006, 09:08 PM
@andy :lol: must be a brave boy or girl that tell you that... some kind of:" hey i have found the cracked verions of artrage. I don't install it ...but you could give me a little gift for this info... i love downloadlinks and a reg keys by the way!" :lol: :wink:

AndyRage
08-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Well hey, any serial numbers you find for ArtRage on the web, forward them to me. They're added to our database of bad keys - which is important to know for support queries and free updates.

(rant mode on)
I mean really - what kind of a lamer pirates a $19.95 piece of software! We made it as cheap as we possibly could, and all the revenue goes straight to the developers to continue developing the product. You'd think if someone thought it was good enough to pirate, they'd want to support the developers to make the next releases even better!
So much for the argument that piracy is a moral reaction to overpriced software funding corporate layabouts...
(rant mode off)

Right, I think I had too much coffee this morning.

AndyRage
08-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Ammendment: eFrontier US are also valid resellers of ArtRage.