PDA

View Full Version : brush size up/down

Sparkles!
04-08-2006, 02:21 AM
This is really good, but:

when changing a brush size, it's confusing to have 'bigger' correspond to 'down' and 'smaller' to 'up'

a 'clear screen' option would be nice, and maybe tooltips giving the names of the tools (able to be turned off, of course).

drzeller
04-09-2006, 12:57 AM
You know. it's funny, but I had felt the same way. Then I realized that I was actually moving my stylus perpendicular to the direction of the brush image -- which equates to diagonally. A little more playing, it seems that up and down motions do not change the brush -- it is the left/right aspect of the diagonal movement that made the change.

Thinking of the movement as left/right, the operation made sense. Moving left decreases the size, and moving right increases.

I think it is the diagonal image that throws things off.

D.

DaveRage
04-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I can definitely see how that can be the case. You're quite right drzeller, it is indeed the horizontal component of the movement that changes the brush size. Useful feedback!

drzeller
04-10-2006, 12:38 AM
OK, more playing. Now I have a complaint!

The brush size only changes with horizontal movement.
The tool settings only change with vertical movement.

They should be consistent, IMHO. I think the best user experience would probably be if the settings changed regardless of whether the user was using up/down or left/right (up and/or right increase, left and/or down decrease).

D.