PDA

View Full Version : My School

cripster
08-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi all

This term at school we have a club where the children go and learn to do things, i'm doing Artrage and going to start for top to bottom, has anyone got an idea of something i can get the kids to do for 6 weeks so they have something to show at the end of it

D Akey
08-07-2006, 08:40 PM
To impress the kids or the parents?

The kids will have a lark no matter what.

If you want to get the parents singing your praises, have the kids bring in family pics, scan them and then use that to smear through technique that's sort of foolproof.

Teach them how to handle that process. And if they get everything but can't handle the faces, then splice the faces onto a wild kids drawing.

If you want to do something that may engage the kids, a children's book is always a fun thing to make.

Maybe take an Aesop's fable or something that's short and sequential, where each kid gets an illustration to do.

Or perhaps an alphabet book. 'A' is for ArtRage2 for 19.99 USD at KOGI :lol:

You can have it bound.

Age and ability of the kids and their budget matters.

And if budget is an issue, have them do art and make it into a desktop picture or screensaver for their parent's work or home computer. . . or their own. No printing costs.

Sounds fun.

ENCHANTER
08-07-2006, 08:43 PM
good ideas!

i may use them one day! :D

cripster
08-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the ideas i'll show the kids at our next club day and let the choose

ingie01
08-08-2006, 10:22 AM
The children won't be a problem as far as motivation. The suggestion to include the parents will endear you forever with the administration of the camp! Go for it!!!

sweeneymini
08-08-2006, 01:52 PM
You could import colour-in pictures (e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/teletubbies/printandplay/colourusin/) into ArtRage and then make a transparent layer on top for the kids to colour in.