PDA

View Full Version : ArtRage featuring on tv across the African Continent

royblumenthal
10-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Hiya ArtRageous folk...

The first episode of the new Kaleidoscope aired last Saturday night.

It features Mandlakazi Mpahlwa interviewing guests on business matters, drawing out their thoughts. And it co-features me capturing those thoughts live, as paintings, created on-the-spot on my Asus R1E tablet pc, driving ArtRage 2.5!

I promised the Rage team that I'd make the videos available once they went live online.

Right now, I've only digitised the promo for the show. ArtRage gets a good few closeups.

Here's a link to the 30" video on my Flickr gallery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/royblumenthal/2927917478/

(I tried to use the 'embed' code here, to make the video viewable from this post, but I think the syntax is wrong for the bulletin board software. I'm going to clip it into a reply message, in case anyone here knows how to make it show.)

Please let me know what you think and feel about this stuff!

Blue skies
love
Roy

royblumenthal
10-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Here is the embed code:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="300" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=60247" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&amp;photo_secret=5273359c8c&amp;photo_id=2927917478&amp;sho w_info_box=true"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=60247"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=60247" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&amp;photo_secret=5273359c8c&amp;photo_id=2927917478&amp;fli ckr_show_info_box=true" height="300" width="400"></embed></object>

If you prefer to download the vid directly to you computer to view, rather than going through Flickr, here's the download link:

http://www.flickr.com/video_download.gne?id=2927917478

It's a 48 meg AVI file.

Blue skies
love
Roy

D Akey
10-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Hi Roy! Wondered what happened to you. Clearly you have been out and about creating all kinds of buzz. Excellent. Good on ya, mate.

I was not able to access the second post's link. I may have to sign up?

But I was able to view the promo in the first one. Very cool. Would love to see the actual show.

Anyway, well done you. :)

royblumenthal
10-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah... been busy as all heck with my tablet pc.

Gone big into visual facilitation, and loving it.

The second link was just to the same vid on Flickr. As far as I know, my settings make it possible for anyone to download. You might have to right click and 'save link as' or something like that.

I'm going to be splitting the half-hour show into bits and pieces for distribution on YouTube. I've only recently gotten a piece of software to facilitate that. So hopefully this weekend I'll have something up.

I think I'll post the entire series in this specific thread.

The first episode aired last week. The second episode airs tonight on CNBC AFRICA, at 7:30pm Central African Time (which is 5:30pm Greenwich Mean Time). It's on DStv in South Africa. And on various free-to-air satellite channels across most of Africa. I don't think it's available in Europe or America. But I might be wrong. Satellite tv knows no boundaries.

(You can see a very very very very low res version of it on my Qik page -- I used my phone camera to record from the tv straight to the internet. The resolution is awfully low, but if you're desperate for a fix, you can head off to http://qik.com/royblumenthal. Navigate through to the three or four vids titled 'Kaleidoscope', and watch them from earliest to latest to get the chronology right.)

Thanks for the response!

Blue skies
love
Roy

royblumenthal
10-22-2008, 05:15 PM
As promised, here is a link to a clip from the show I'm on. You'll notice the ArtRage interface in some of the shots. That's cos I'm using ArtRage to do all of the live visual facilitation on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpm6kCscn84#

I'd love your feedback.

Blue skies
love
Roy

Lee
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Dear Roy, oh, thank you very much for that video, guess you are able to do two things at one time, talk and paint;), great for ArtRage too! the world is getting smaller and smaller, great that you will be doing that on a regular basis, if you get a chance, send us a video when they have a guest and you are actually illustrating during the interview, good luck and congratulations!!!:)

D Akey
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Intriguing to say the least. I think what you are saying makes a lot of sense. Even though I engage in endless doodling through classes (always have), and did so because it helped me stay conscious and focused on the speakers, I never thought it could have been parlayed into something productive and profitable.

My hat is definitely off to you for being the entrepreneur I never was. We have to sort of re-invent ourselves pretty regularly anymore in the modern world. And I'm thrilled that you have been able to think outside the box.

May riches and fame follow you -- and find their way into your sack.

Well done!

But you really must do something about that dreadful English. hahaha.

maror
10-22-2008, 09:05 PM
wow i think that's just was andy asking about....brilliant! Good luck with this show... sound pretty cool!

Greetz maror

royblumenthal
10-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks so much for the kind comments, folks! Really awesome of you!

@Lee...

Re showing me at work on an interview... I'm actually getting to that in the editing process. It's just taking forever. My old Tecra M4 just doesn't have the firepower to edit effectively. So I'm doing it in tiny increments. I promise to link to a vid of me actualllllly working as soon as I hack the thing into place.

@D Akey...

The way I got INTO this in the first place is one of those strange twists of fate. I ALWAYS carry a Moleskine with me, wherever I go. I was sitting at a creativity seminar, doodling. At the end of the event, a woman who was sitting behind me introduced herself as an international consultant. She said, 'Are you a visual facilitator?' I said, 'Uh, uhmm, uh... what's a "visual facilitator"?' She went on to explain. Told me they earn around 700 British pounds a day. And that was me, plunged into a new world.

Re the English. Ah. Yeah. South African English, huh? Hard on the ear, is it? Heheehehheeh. (In our accent, the way one says, 'South African' sounds like this: 'Sefrican'.)

Re re-invention... I reckon it's NOT too late for you to give this a try. It realllly is a rush. And age isn't a negative factor. Age and wisdom often correlate. And life-experience certainly helps one find amazing things to draw out of the ether in visual facilitation settings. That 700 pound daily rate should be enticing too. (That is pretty much what I earn.)

@Maror...

Thank you! And what was Andy asking about???

Blue skies
love
Roy

maror
10-22-2008, 10:25 PM
@roy

well andy said that:
"We do very much appreciate enthusiastic ArtRage users spreading the word. One of the problems of keeping the price of ArtRage so low is that our advertising budget approaches Zero. So we definitely rely on word-of-mouth advertising."

And well i think you just did that really great!

:D

royblumenthal
10-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks Maror! I will certainly be word-of-mouthing ArtRage even more. I absolutely LOVE the software.