PDA

View Full Version : Onion Skinning

digitalshow
07-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Is it possible to do the "tracing" effect on a sequence of images (or a .mov/.avi)? We would like to use this to do some layered painting effects of movie clips and that would be very helpful. Having a way to move forward/backward between multiple images would be handy (as we trace over them).

Thanks,
Tony B.

thesleepless
07-27-2006, 07:42 PM
it could be done i suppose by making a new layer and then fading the old layer, but it's not very convenient

digitalshow
07-27-2006, 08:19 PM
it could be done i suppose by making a new layer and then fading the old layer, but it's not very convenient

I was thinking more forward/backward between the frames of the movie. So you paint some on frame 10...and use the arrow key or something...to jump to frame 9...paint some...then arrow key back to frame 10.....(but it give you an onion skin)of what frame 9 looks like over frame 10...so you can paint it the same way.

Hope that is making sense.
Tony B.

AndyRage
07-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi Digitalshow.
Currently there aren't any features for helping with animation like that...
But I can tell you, the idea of writing 'ArtRage Animator' really appeals to me.
Stay tuned to this station.

digitalshow
07-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Cool. I am still going to buy ArtRage 2...its still great without that capability.

Thanks,
Tony B.

digitalshow
07-28-2006, 03:09 PM
And if you do decide to work on an animator version...I would love to beta-test it for you.

:)

Tony B.

tubbesing
08-20-2006, 02:22 PM
ArtRage would be a natural for animation.
Please let me know if you need a Mac beta tester.

Thanks,
Andy

Mary
09-01-2006, 09:20 PM
ooooooooo 8) Count my vote in for an ArtRage Animator!!!!! I would LOVE something like that. I discovered ArtRage because I was searching for something to draw and color cartoons with....intending to eventually animate. This is a hobby I'm just learning...so I didn't want to invest in some of those big budget animation programs which all seem geared to AVI instead of the lowly GIF. :lol:
PS. I'd also love to be a tester.