PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to say hello...

scuffpuppy
07-21-2006, 06:42 PM
I've worked for SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) for twelve years now, and though the video game industry has had its ups and downs I've loved every second of it.

Though my principle position is a designer, I still model certain 3D objects and live with artists 24/7. 365 days a year. Through them recently, numerous artists had pointed out 'Artrage' as a new and exciting software they were getting into, so I just had to check out the software and this website they’d told me about. I must say, having visited this site a couple of times now you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer collection of people in any one place on the net.

Having looked at some of the work shown here, all at varying degrees of excellence, I noticed each piece is appraised with the same respect as the other. Regardless of whether the work is painted freehand, or just simply having traced a photograph. You guys are just so nice, supportive, and genuine. I must say it's a refreshing change.

I'm sorry if this post is written in the wrong place, and I know there's no work uploaded with this note, but that will change. And having bought the software recently, I'll post my work the first chance I get.

Take care everybody, and I hope to talk to you all soon. :wink:

Ulmo
07-21-2006, 06:48 PM
You are absolutely right... I just found this forum yesterday and was so excited to share more paintings. It's like only nice people have found their way here!

Cheers for all the artists and art lovers that make up this forum!

ENCHANTER
07-21-2006, 07:13 PM
scuffpuppy

Ulmo

welcome to the 'friendly forums' as they are known :D

ivan k
07-21-2006, 07:17 PM
welcome to the forum, guys!
scuffpuppy, do you know Javier of SCEE? I can´t remember his last name. He´s from spain, but works in UK (london)

AndyRage
07-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi scuffpuppy. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the introduction. And thanks for the kind words about the forum and the people here.

We're very pleased at the sense of community that is building up around ArtRage.

(Topic moved to General Chat)

sweeneymini
07-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the forums guys :D

I look forward to seeing your paintings 8)

justG
07-24-2006, 01:11 AM
Welcome to the forums, scuffpuppy and Ulmo. I've been online for a very, very long time, and I think that the personality of a community is established pretty early. I think that how we are here is in no small part due to how approachable the developers have made themselves and therefore, by extension, this community.

I, for one, hope it doesn't change, no matter how this community grows. In a world frequently shadowed by insanity and negativity, this place is a refreshing and reassuring sanctuary.

scuffpuppy, may I send you my CV? =) (I jest. Sort of.)

.g

DaveRage
07-24-2006, 03:30 AM
Hello and welcome, both of you! Thank you for the vote of confidence. It's really nice to hear that the word about ArtRage is getting around, and also that people are enjoying the atmosphere of the forums.

This is the first time we've had an online community, and it's been a genuinely pleasent experience, great to see how helpful, friendly and encouraging everyone is. I think we would've missed out on a lot of great feedback as well without the forums.