PDA

View Full Version : flatscreen/raygun - coin/shade

felfish
04-05-2006, 05:48 PM
grrrr someone at my cable company mistakenly disconnected my entire service since monday. i just got back online today. just throwing these up for now. i will bbl to comment on the new stuff ppl have posted- i'm sneaking this post in from work lol.

coin w/o the speech bubble - here (http://schmexy.googlepages.com/coin2.png.jpg/coin2.png-full.jpg)

sbug51
04-05-2006, 05:56 PM
i really love your cool drawings felfish :D really great... keep posting more, i might learn how to color correctly without fear :D

AndyRage
04-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Those are very cool drawings.
What *is* up with the talking dog?
Nice style.

AndyRage.

DaveRage
04-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Really like your bold style. Fun stuff! :)

Fashmir
04-06-2006, 01:46 AM
felfish- you are an artist combined with a story teller. Your images always make me curious about the before and after events.

felfish
04-06-2006, 06:15 AM
Sbug- i'm pretty new to coloring myself, if you notice, i pretty much only use one or two hues in all my stuff. i either use a single hue, or do two hues- complementary, or neighboring (analogous?). there are ways to use the triadic color scheme with 3 hues or 4 hues split complement, but even using 1 hue is challenging enough for me when trying to figure all i can to light a scene interestingly. so i'm happy using 2 colors lol.
i pretty much learned using colors from articles on color wheels and everything i could find on color/art hehe.
i've got some color bookmarks, i'll come back and post them.

Dave- thanks, i'm hoping my style will change a bit and i'll be able to also do images without the pencil and roller haha! one of the reasons i bought AR2 was because of that paintbrush and brush stroke rendering! and here i am using the brush with 100% thinner as a tool to color to up to edges that the roller is too fat for lol.

Andy- i have no idea with that dog. i put him in there as a prop for her, and it just was there staring at me saying, 'i'm not just a token prop! what a silly filename... coin? lol'

Fashmir- i really loved comic books as a kid, and i like cinema/movies so i usually prefer an image that has something going on. i think that it keeps things interesting to me while i'm working on it.... like who is she going to flip that coin to? sometimes the ambiguity of what i sketch, makes me change the image again while i think about it and work on it.

you can see below that i changed my original sketch to put the dog in and the fries and bug for the next one... :lol:

ulrik
04-06-2006, 07:00 AM
felfish- you are an artist combined with a story teller. Your images always make me curious about the before and after events.

I agree with Fashmir, I like your paintings a lot, the very clean and direct message it brings to me.

Well done!

AndyRage
04-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Yup, it's a fantastic style.
Hmmm... sorta comic-book, Tank Girl, kinda thing. But there's also always something going on - there's more to the picture than just the colours and lines.
Lovely.

AndyRage.

sbug51
04-08-2006, 07:48 PM
your style is like sephiel.com and drawordie.free.fr those are few of my favorite sites that i visit regularly..... cool dude