PDA

View Full Version : Selecting areas

Hawk
07-17-2006, 11:56 AM
I have just purchased Art Rage 2 and I wonder how users select or restrict (Or modify) colors in a specific area, without the availablity of a selection tool, is this possible with Art Rage or is there a special method used?

drzeller
07-17-2006, 10:36 PM
There is currently no masking ability, but the ArtRage time is looking into ways to achieve this.

In the mean time, one way I have found to keep colors from mixing is to put items on different layers and then erasing anything on one layer that I do not want overlapping a lower layer. It's not ideal, but it works! If you look at some of my files, you'll see very odd layers -- often with two uinrelated items that were simply put there because of their relative positions top-to-bottom within the overall piece.

D.

sweeneymini
07-19-2006, 10:08 PM
-- often with two uinrelated items that were simply put there because of their relative positions top-to-bottom within the overall piece.

D.

My layers are always a mess :roll:
Its a bit doh!! when you realise you want to change one bit of a layers opaqueness but not the rest :lol:

drzeller
07-19-2006, 11:24 PM
-- often with two uinrelated items that were simply put there because of their relative positions top-to-bottom within the overall piece.

D.

Its a bit doh!! when you realise you want to change one bit of a layers opaqueness but not the rest :lol:

Well, this is ARTrage, not SCIENCErage... we're not expected to have a project plan for each piece!

D.

sweeneymini
07-20-2006, 11:07 AM

D.

Well, this is ARTrage, not SCIENCErage... we're not expected to have a project plan for each piece!

D.

Sorry if I upset you D :cry: I'm not sure how though :?

drzeller
07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
I wasn't upset at all!

My humor did not come through well. I meant to joke that planning often isn't part of "the process" as we wander our way through a painting.

D.

sweeneymini
07-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Cool D 8)

It was just that capital letters on the Internet are usually used for shouting :wink: