PDA

View Full Version : Name that ArtRage Paintbrush Guy!

AndyRage
07-10-2006, 11:05 PM
In a blinding oversight of marketting, we've discovered we've neglected to provide a meaningful name for 'The ArtRage Paintbrush Guy' logo we use.

What can we call him (or her?) other than 'The ArtRage Paintbrush Guy' which is a bit clumsy?

Offer your suggestions here!

Fashmir
07-11-2006, 12:06 AM
I'll have to ponder that one. I've always thought he looked a little drunk. :)

drzeller
07-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Warning: this idea has no marketing potential whatsoever! Call him Gene. As in Gene Kelly, because he reminds me of Gene swinging on the lightpost in the movie Singin' in the Rain!

If you were an Irish company, he could be Art O'Toole.

D.

AndyRage
07-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Fashmir, perhaps 'Arthur' would be appropriate then.

Fashmir
07-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Fashmir, perhaps 'Arthur' would be appropriate then.

Spot on! Has the word 'Art' in it and is way better than Dudley. :)

Tatsuyame
07-11-2006, 02:31 AM
I agree. Maybe "Arthur Artison", and his nickname could be "Arty Arthur"!!
:D

gberdan
07-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Yah I like Arty too!

DaveRage
07-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Basil =)

Aged P
07-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Al

A-rtrage L-ogo

hanzz
07-11-2006, 06:31 PM
I always had a problem with this guy... really, when I see the little icon with that man it always get's me this painting in my thoughts, can't help it .I know its stupid, but look for yourselves, the central figure, just the head.......especially the curling hair.... :?

http://www.artwallpapers.net/paintings/sandro_botticelli/02/sandro_botticelli02.jpg

Do I need treatment ?
Or stronger glasses?

Aged P
07-11-2006, 06:54 PM
How about Hamlet?

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of Artrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them.

Stop all that groaning at once! :lol: :lol:

Selby
07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
ow about 'The ArtfulDodger' :wink: ...no wait thats already taken

ok a less silly suggestion how about some names picked by meaning?

Adair -noble/Exhalted
Adarsh- Ideal
Anderson -son of andrew( or andy as the case may be)
Anthony- worthy of praise
Alake-one to be honoured

Selby

hype
07-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Chuck

(as in "I'm chucking all my messy paintbrushes and oils to go 100% digital!")

ENCHANTER
07-11-2006, 11:15 PM
HEY Andy, your A.P.G., look like hes got 'nikey' trainers on :)

did you do that? :)

AndyRage
07-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Yeah, my ArtRage Paintbrush Guy is a young rebel, hip and hangin' with the cool crowds.
I expect he uses words like 'Shibby', and has purple neon tubes under his car.

He's not representative of the serious stodgy corporate image we try to project.

Just ignore him, pretend you didn't see him, and concentrate on the clean-cut correct logo pasted into the thread.

ENCHANTER
07-12-2006, 01:12 AM
more like , hip and hanging out with an oversized paintbrush :D

Its Cool, Its Art.......its Digital.......its Cool 'DigiArt' Dude...or Dudette !!

PVIllustration
07-12-2006, 08:38 AM
How about something French? Everything just sounds incredibly arty when spoken in french... ;)

Improv
07-12-2006, 05:42 PM
How about something French? Everything just sounds incredibly arty when spoken in french... ;)

'C'est une legume est rouge'

Ya, I see what you mean! :lol:

drzeller
07-12-2006, 09:43 PM
If he were a superhero, he could be The Stroke!

D.

AndyRage
07-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Hmmm... that could offend Mothers Against Sexual Inuendo.

drzeller
07-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Hmmm... that could offend Mothers Against Sexual Inuendo.

This joke from a man that has personally infuriated MAAS because of his modified avatar?!

(Mothers Against Athletic Shoes.)

:lol:

D.

justG
07-14-2006, 06:19 AM
Pixelangelo.

.g

ENCHANTER
07-14-2006, 04:15 PM
:) ...

foloowing G's idea......

Art-nardo :D

Netdevil
07-14-2006, 05:28 PM
How about ADAR ? (AmbientDesignArtRage). I don't think it means anything except for the letters, but it sounds like a name.

hanzz
07-14-2006, 05:43 PM
adar is the twelfth month for jewish people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adar

sounded good though. That's a good direction to think about names.

hanzz
07-16-2006, 06:39 AM
I still like the first name , Art, or Artie.Make him as last name something like what the software does: paint, draw, brushing...

Edit:

No wait :"Doodle" !

"Artie Doodle" , has a sound to it ,no ?

No?

oh Well, ..must lie down now.....

cym
07-17-2006, 10:50 AM
I am going to go for the obvious...his name should be....(insert drum roll)

ART RAGE

Those who know him well call him Arty, and out in the cool world they just use his surname Rage.

I'm actually kind of fond of the suggestion to call him Chuck. Enjoyed all the suggestions, good for a giggle and a mood boost. Thanks all!

IfIHadABrain
09-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Hi there!. What about "Guybrush" (like the Monkey Island one)? :)

AndyRage
09-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Heh. That's good.
Guybrush Threepwood, mighty pirate.

I think LucasArts would slap me around if I did that.

sweeneymini
09-05-2006, 09:14 PM
He always reminds me of Tipsy McStagger off The Simpsons :P

ingie01
09-06-2006, 11:29 AM
What's this, all this creativity and no name yet?
How about "blinky"? blinky blackbottom the art rageous!
(yeah, yeah, I know but thought I'd try)

heikki
09-06-2006, 09:11 PM
:)

:idea:

Paint, computer paint, pixel paint. hmm. Pixpint.

Pixpint, hmm, need first name...art.

hmm.

Art Pixpint.

Do you know that Art Pixpint?

Is Art Pixpint she or he?

I dont know.

But it draw computer art.

:roll:

Stephen Lo Piano
09-06-2006, 10:17 PM
How's this one "Spindrifter".

or "The Art Tool Guy"?

jacktar51
09-10-2006, 07:22 PM
ARTY O'TOOL........Ah har Matey.....Tizz me old Shipmate.... Arty O'Tool ....He used to hang around the mast like that ...when he'd had too much grog.....Now he were a good man with a lick O Tar.... Or a Lick O paint.....And He were the Irish Bare Knuckles Champion..So he was Handy with his mitts as well.......And that Makes him............Hard as Nails ......................Jack.....

DaveRage
09-11-2006, 04:28 AM

D Akey
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm not yet sure of the sailor's name, nor the dive they're in, but I can read the caption,

"Oy, I ain't that kinda brush. I'm a good brush, I am!"

Or. . .

Maybe it's name is 'Dali' cause of the trademark mustachio curls. Maybe 'Daling'.

Or. . .

'Dolly', after the cloned sheep, since you're cloning Rages and ArtRages out there on the island.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

heikki
09-20-2006, 08:19 AM

Hi, all.

I continue little bit more this discussion because i invent new terms and i start to use terms to my web-page. My home-language is not English so therefore i ask how terms look like. Terms are continue this Andys suggestion name that artrage-logo human.

I join together two word, pixel and painting. Pixell comes computer world and painting comes non-computer history. So, i think that perhaps it need to separate paint and pixpaint.

So, when peopple talk paint, paintings, and painter, then talk non-computer work. And when peopple talk, pixpaint, pixpaintings, and pixpainter, then talk computer work.

New terms?

1. Pixpaint.
2. Pixpaints.
3. Pixpainting.
4. Pixpainter.
5. Pixpainters.
6. Piximage.
7. Pixframe.

Hmm. I dont know what different is terms -paints and -paintings? What actually this -ings means?

But, this is my ideas to rise up term pixpaint to see that it is different thing than original non-computer paint. My thought is that it is needet because original paintings is own, how i says, work-process and work area and computer paintings is different and give many advantage to draw than original paint-systems. Of cource original painting method are same mind-value than computer method, but, norman conversation and also when it is your life-money work, it is maybe most easy if computer paint has own terminology.

Art-rage 'pix'-painters, what is your opinions of this my ideas?

edo10
09-23-2006, 02:52 AM
call him echi

no reason

komodoDave
09-25-2006, 07:09 PM
IMO it should be something short and punchy.. like 'Duke' the Java mascot, or 'Morph' the little plasticine fella who used to be on Tony White's shows.

Dworph? lol. I quite like 'Pike' too. Stub? Scribbles?

The way I figure it is, if I suggest enough names then the laws of chance make me most likely to win :)

I think Scribbles is the one I'm gonna plug though ^_^

Rkngel
09-26-2006, 04:19 PM
A mazing
R eproduction
T ool
R evision2.0
A rtistic
G raphic
E ngine

komodoDave
09-26-2006, 04:36 PM
...? :shock:

Rkngel
09-26-2006, 05:19 PM
...? :shock:

I was thinking that ArtRage could stand for something like that. Something along the lines of the T-1000 from the Terminator movies. Maybe design the paintbrush guy to look like a cyborg...or maybe I should stop taking so much cough medicine?? :wink:

komodoDave
09-26-2006, 05:28 PM
I was thinking that ArtRage could stand for something like that. Something along the lines of the T-1000 from the Terminator movies. Maybe design the paintbrush guy to look like a cyborg...or maybe I should stop taking so much cough medicine?? :wink:

LOL! Dude... are you high? rofl.

I just posted the bewildered face because I didn't understand how inventing an acronym for the software name was the same as coming up with a name for the curly dude... but now, thanks to your (worryingly) clear explanation, I can rest easy... *locks doors* lol.