PDA

View Full Version : My very first ArtRage work!!

Mirage Velondor
03-20-2008, 07:54 PM
This is my first artrage work. i used chalk for the head and hair(of which i think the hair worked out nice but the head totally off), i also used the palet-knife(i think thats the word for it) with the hair. the mask is oil-paint only. plzzzz help me. all suggestions r fine and welcome

D Akey
03-20-2008, 08:22 PM
It's cool.

I would bear in mind how light affects the forms. You can use it to design where you put things -- strategically.

This image has a lot of potential in that you could use it as a metaphor for a comment on someone's lifestyle and personality, or as something very commercial like a display in a store, or as something about mankind. Ot it could be a simple rendering -- a visual exercise to see if you can observe and pull it off convincingly. Could be creepy or glamorous and visually stunning or it could harken back to to when this hair style was common -- like in Grease or Whatever that movie with Divine (?) that was recently remade about the 50s. etc.

You have many choices -- why you would pick certain elements, and what you wanted them to say.

I think some thought in that regard would be cool. Even if you are intent on mastering technique, there is nothing holding back your intention being fleshed out, so to speak.

Good beginning. The technique will come, as will the voice.

Mirage Velondor
03-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Thnx a lot for the comment and compliment D. Ill try to refine it in time and maybe use other materials. Ow and i think the movie u meant was Hairspray, if not i wouldnt know srry.

Thnx again D :D

D Akey
03-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Ha!! Yes. . . it was Hairspray!

Man, when the names do not want to come they just do not.

Hahaha. Thanks for that. It reminded me a little of that time period.