PDA

View Full Version : Wine and Fruit 5

Rick
03-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I believe there is some wine headed for this glass, unlessI get to it first.. Thought I would post an update..

RobertSWade
03-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Looks amazing already. :)

Rick
03-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Thank you Robert.. Right now, I'm just burnt out.. I have been on this most of the day, and don't believe I can hit another stroke.. Sure hope I feel different tomorrow.. But I know I will..

RobertSWade
03-09-2008, 03:05 AM
If you're anything like me you'll dream about it all night. :)

Rick
03-09-2008, 05:00 AM
And that I will my friend, that I will.. Terrible isn't it.. lol

screenpainter
03-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Spectacular work Rick. Definitely worth the patience with it. :D

juliediane
03-09-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm watching every day!

ScottF
03-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Im watching your progress daily. Its amazing the realism that you capture/create.

D Akey
03-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Gorgeous. All of it. And since that's so eminent, I will offer one quick crit:

Mind the degree of light on all the objects, especially if you're artificially placing them together. I've seen what you can do with Photoshop and splicing in figures -- something you do very well. So you have an eye for detail.

The apple looks like it's got a turtle wax finish on it. And that the light there is hotter than the surrounding areas. Toning it back would make it feel less waxed (i.e. more delicious to bite into). You could perhaps save that level of shine for your glass surfaces.

But as everyone has commented. This is a fantastic rendering. Really good. Something to be proud of.

Rick
03-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Thank you all.. "D" I believe you are correct, the apple needs to be toned down.. Looks like a red sports car sitting there..

Jim Walsh
03-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Looking very good

Caesar
03-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Maestro Rick, You're taking Your time to look for perfection as for the ancient masters. All my admiration. :D :D :D :D
I tend to agree with DA that a final tuning and harmonising might be eventually tested "to cheat birds" too. Just because Your effort seems it can reach realistic or iper-realistic perfection.
I do not know if You intend try and how, i.e. through direct mixing of tones or rather through layers simulating progressive local and/ or overall "velature" (subtle, diluted glazing) like in ancient paintings.
In any case, to tone down a bit the apple base colour (especially on the shadowy parts) some teaher on books used to suggest to add a bit of complementary colour too. You probably already know this so, in case, pardon me for my unintended presumptuousness to suggest it.

Caesar
03-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Maestro Rick, You're taking Your time to look for perfection as for the ancient masters. All my admiration. :D :D :D :D
I tend to agree with DA that a final tuning and harmonising might be eventually tested "to cheat birds" too. Just because Your effort seems it can reach realistic or iper-realistic perfection.
I do not know if You intend try and how, i.e. through direct mixing of tones or rather through layers simulating progressive local and/ or overall "velature" (subtle, diluted glazing) like in ancient paintings.
In any case, to tone down a bit the apple base colour (especially on the shadowy parts) some teaher on books used to suggest to add a bit of complementary colour too. You probably already know this so, in case, pardon me for my unintended presumptuousness to suggest it.