PDA

View Full Version : London, 12th June 13:00...

NewCube
06-12-2006, 11:16 AM
...and it's waaaaaaaaay too hot to be in a stinking city.

Come on, make me jealous: Hands up who's sitting by a pool or on the beach right now? :?

Aged P
06-12-2006, 12:08 PM
"stinking city"?

Could that be the vibrant, prosperous, urban paradise that appears in so many leaflets and sound bites? :lol:

In the middle of the island, about a league from here, the fire services are still dealing with lightning hits! :(

NewCube
06-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah, it's a nightmare having your shoes melt on the gold paving...

ENCHANTER
06-12-2006, 04:30 PM
london is hot today!, 31'C ....thunderstorms later,, .....

33'C tomorrow!

:shock:

Hypnomedi
06-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Yes Belgium too, ttttooooooooo hot for me !

I stay inside and paint.

Johan

sweeneymini
06-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Yep, its been too hot recentley. At 1 I'd probably have been watching the world cup match. I have a big fan near the pc now, which is tempting me onto the pc and thus onto Art Rage.

Keeps blowing my hair into my eyes though. I was gonna get it cut but when I decided to go it started peeing it down :roll:

bcmillustrator
06-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Here in the midwest of the United States, we are having below normal temperatures (highs of 70 degress F, ~21 degrees C). Not to worry, it will get stinking hot and humid here by the end of the month!

djmez
06-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Here in stinky Los Angeles, it's a temperate 80 degrees Fahrenheit. We have ocean breezes to keep us cool. In a couple of days, however, I'm heading to Brooklyn for the summer, where I'm hearing it's hot, humid and also stinky.

david

Fashmir
06-13-2006, 01:26 AM
Here in fragrant SW Washington/NW Oregon the air is carries a light moisture and a breeze stirs it all up. Temp is about 66 degrees ferinhiet.

Selby
06-13-2006, 04:28 AM
While it was that time for you NewCube it was Mon night 10.16pm here and v.dark and freezing cold night with rain and wind and I was as close to the heater as i could get without risking catching my clothes on fire-just hit winter here and its letting us know big time

Selby

DaveRage
06-13-2006, 05:00 AM
33 in London! My goodness, you lot don't do things by halves when you have a heatwave, do you! I'm pretty sure NZ summers don't tend to get up to that ( It's always pretty muggy in Auckland, but I think we tend to peak out at about 30 at most ).

Hope everyone's dealing with the heat ok, I can imagine that must be quite draining.

justG
06-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I'd like to know what right Mother Nature has to go around breaking rules 'n' things?

Oh. Right. I reckon the words "Mother" and "Nature" sort of give her the right, innit.

Tropical depression "one" was upgraded to Tropical storm "Alberto," the first named storm of the 2006 hurricane season, which isn't scheduled to begin until 30 June.

What I love about this time of year is the 34C degrees, the 1000% humidity, the as-yet-unidentified creepy crawlies, and being awakened by the refreshing fragrance of mould and mildew.

<Exits room, huffing, puffing, and grumbling.>

.g

Aged P
06-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi G,
Last time I checked Alberto was heading through the top left of Florida and then right along the Carolina coast.

Your best bet seems to be clicking the heels of the Ruby Slippers together!

ENCHANTER
06-13-2006, 04:02 PM
the heat is making me tired..that i dont feel like doing any ArtRage.................oh...ok....just a few hours then :lol:

justG
06-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Ya, y'know, a friend of mine who lives in the south of the state said the same thing: "But they said north, not central." Well, apparently, the people at the weather centre forgot to tell Alberto where it's headed, because my house has been getting battered since yesterday. =]

Enchanter, maybe you ought to borrow sweeneymini's fan when he's not painting. =]

.g

cym
06-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Lovely here in southeast Michigan,but I'm longing for my real home, in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. In the process of making arrangements to move back. My daughter is very upset at the idea of me not being right around the corner from her. Anyone ever have the problem of their children not letting you go?

sbug51
06-14-2006, 06:36 AM
london is hot today!, 31'C ....thunderstorms later,, .....

33'C tomorrow!

:shock:

eh! Jordan have this tempreture sometimes more... IN THE SHADE!!!!!! so if you go out into the direct sunlight you'll evaporate ;)... well thats in Aqaba ;) its a cool(not cool as weather) city, it is considered to have the best diving sites...

but i live in amman :twisted:, and its a bit colder here, like 5 degrees difference hehe but the weather fluctuates alot....

Aged P
06-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Hi Sbug,

The reason we always talk about the weather is because it changes so fast here!

Tuesday 31C
Today 15C

Welcome back.